Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 11, 2015

A Little Snowday Stamping

Five out of the last 11 school days have been snow days, and in the last 17 days we've had 60 inches of snow fall.  It is beyond crazy.  During that time I've done endless loads of laundry, shoveled, played in the snow, walked the dog (because its so deep outside he refuses to go out alone) and made all manner of yummy comfort foods.  Finally I said "NO" to the long list snow day to-do's and did some snow-day stamping.  I've missed having a hobby so this was a lot of fun!



Up first I have a card to share with you for the Retro Sketches Challenge this week.  

I used the Cute Cameras Die-namics as my focal point.  It's such a cute die set!  The sentiment "smile" was found in the coordinating Picture This stamp set. The small rectangular element in the sketch was stamped with the Diagonal Background Stripes using Steel Grey ink to Grout Gray cardstock.  I added a little trio of MFT Buttons to the top right hand corner.


Using my Blueprints to diecut all my basic card layering pieces makes for nicely cut, squared off corners. And honestly, my paper trimmer blade is just never sharp enough.  Blueprints make it easy peasy!

With a whole lot of snow accumulating outside, I settled into my Hulu-watching and made a second card.


I pulled out the Die-namics Lightbulb and the companion Watt's Up Stamp Set.  I die-cut the light-bulb from some Grout Grey card stock and then softly sponged the edges with a bit of Lemon Drop ink for a soft glow.

I added a little Fishtail Banner using a piece of Steel Grey card stock which was over stamped with the Diagonal Stripes Background a teeny Sno Cone Button.


Voila - two valentines to pack away for the boys this weekend!  Off to my crafty-cave to see what else I can put together! Have a great day!





2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Katie Skiff said...

Both are extra cute - glad you had some fun!
I esp like that white on white for the light bulb card, with the stitched border!!

Anonymous said...

You rock GF!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover