Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 12, 2015

For the Mr. & Mrs.



This weekend my husband and I headed off to my cousin's wedding in the city, it was so fun to get all dressed up. I had this cute dress in my closet, but as it's a tank style I'd ordered a cute little shrug to wear with since Brrr it's FREEZING.  It was all good until the shrug came out of the mailing envelope a few hours before the wedding and I found the security tag still on it! Lucky for me a local vendor was happy to help remove the magnetic tag for me. Phew!



The church was beautiful, and was still lit with twinkling Christmas lights.  This beautiful church, the Old South Church is directly across the street from the building I worked in for years downtown but I'd never been inside. It's beautiful! It's also a national treasurer, former members of the congregation include Benjamin Franklin and Samuel Adams.





After the ceremony we had a blast dancing the night away.  My husband is a total riot on the dance floor, add to the mix my cousins, aunts and uncles.  Most of all though, dancing with my grandmother. She's a blast!



So, obviously the reason you're here today is to see the card!  I had so much fun making this in anticipation of the celebrations.  I pulled out my Bride and Groom Die-namics from My Favorite Things. I also pulled out my Ampersand Die-namics and I was so happy that when I got rid of my patterned paper that I'd somehow had the foresight to hold onto this pretty silver paper.


The cardbase is made from some Sweet Tooth Cardstock and I used a bit of Grout Gray cardstock for the main panel.  That layer is overstamped with the Romantic Script Background you can't see it very well here, but it's subtle and gives just enough texture in person.

I love using my Blueprints Die-namics to cut panels, it makes sure that everything is nice and straight, this one in particular adds a lovely stitched detail.  I grabbed the little stitched strip from this Blueprints.  If you're not familiar with Blueprints I totally encourage you to check them out, each set also includes four digitally provided sketches to make quick work of your cardmaking.

With it being a January wedding I took a good guess that the a red accent would go nicely at this time of year, you can imagine how happy I was when I saw the bridesmaids walking down the aisle in pretty cranberry colored dresses! Score!

I added a sentiment from Together Forever to the inside of the card. 

Okay thanks friends, have a wonderful day!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful. I can't believe they sent the shrug with the security thingy on it, lol, thankfully you got off okay. Sounds like you had a great time.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Love Jo!! Oh and the pic of you and your Grandmother is AWESOME!!! Totally love!
xoxo

g said...

Beautiful card & i love all the photos of you & the wedding! fab dress & shrug- glad you got that security tag removed ok LOVE the photo with your Grama- so awesome!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover