Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 16, 2014

Release Rewind - MFT Release Continues!

It was so fun to work on the My Favorite Things New Release this month! It is simply loaded with fun new products to share with you all. The Release Rewind is a chance for the MFT Designers to share just a few more projects with you.  Sometimes we showcase products that we just can't put down yet - sometimes we get a chance to use a product that we hadn't gotten around to yet.  Tonight I have a little of both!



Up first, I have a quick and clean card to share with you using this month's Free with $60 Die-namics You Mean the World To Me.  I had played with this earlier in the week, but I really wanted to create a crisp card and pop out the continents for extra dimension.


To bring my little vision to reality, I started by cutting the die a few times. First, I knocked out the typeface from my cardfront. Then I cut it again from Blu Raspberry card stock to cut the water - and then used a Circle STAX to free it from it's frame. 

I cut the die again twice more from Gumdrop Green card stock so that I could pump up the continents with some dimensional foam tape.  I filled the word "WORLD" with Gumdrop Green card stock for extra emphasis.


I rounded off the bottom corners using my Corner Chomper and added the tiny accent from the Blueprints 15 Die-namics - before die-cutting it, I stamped it with the Pinstripe Background using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.   A tiny Whip Cream Button sits on top.

My first card today was very clean and simple, but then my second card I got a little messy.   The layout is nice and clean, but I pulled out my new Can't Wait to See You Pure Innocence which pairs perfectly with the Small Brick Wall Stencil. I used a crackle embossing paste and then added some distress ink over it for a soft aging.  Once dry, I cut the rectangle out using the Large Rectangle Frame Die-namics and then stitched all around the edges.

Since I've used the Rectangle Frame Die-namics a bajillion times this week, I had a leftover Steel Grey Frame - that is adhered flush to the card base and then I popped forward the center panel.  Using these frames together you can alternate the level of dimension in each frame to add interest in your card.


The center image was created with a mix of techniques.

  1. First I stamped the image and watercolored the background, skin and hair and set it aside to dry.
  2. I stamped a piece of Grout Grey card stock with the Wood Plank Background using Natural Hybrid Ink.  Then I stamped the image, trimmed out just the window frame and shutters and added them top of the watercolored image with liquid glue.  
  3. The last little detail is her paper pieced shirt, I stamped the Grid Background to a piece of Spearmint card stock and stamped the image over the top.  Now she has a cute little paper pieced shirt.



I hope you'll head on over to the MFT Blog for links to all the designers with a little something special to share.  I also hope you'll check out the Brand Spankin' New Category over at MFT! So many great new products!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it is long weekend here and I hope I get my stuff today so I can play all weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, I almost forgot to tell you 'I love these GF!'... :)

Liz said...

Such cuteness

Unknown said...

wow !! very creative, love the brick wall background

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover