Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 1, 2014

I'm Here with the Deconstructed Sketch


Hello friends! It has been way too quiet here lately.  We took a well needed vacation with the boys over their April vacation.  My husband travels a lot for work, a real lot. So it was wonderful to have extended time together.  It was absolutely wonderful.  Now we're back to the usual craziness! 

It's been so long since I've had a chance to do anything crafty that I was feeling very rusty.  Luckily I had the Deconstructed Sketch to help me along.  Working from a sketch is always such a handy jump start to your project. 

Sadly I needed to make a sympathy card so I'm working with a quiet color combination.  The sentiment I've selected is from the Pretty Poppies stamp set  I paired it with the companion Poppies and Leaves Die-namics accented with a set of Royal Leaves.  To recreate the sketch I've used the Modern Morocco Die-namics, both a Pierced Oval STAX and a regular Oval STAX.  


I used my Fishtail Flags STAX along with a Fishtail Flags Layers STAX to create the center banner element.  

Here's this week's sketch, I hope you'll play along and get creative with us! 




Be sure to visit all the Deconstructed Sketch girls to see what they've designed for you today:


Here are the links to the products I've used this week:




5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jen Shults said...

This is wonderful Joanne! I really love that color palette and the frame that you layered over the background elements.

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

Very sweet. Love the color combination you chose. Thank you for the idea regarding the sentiment background. I just might have to use that on one of my cards. Thank you for the inspiration.

Joy said...

So stunning, love the striking colours, beautiful, hugs

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, love the colour combo!

Amante del Papel said...

what a lovely colors in your card!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover