Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 31, 2014

A Quick Little Update

This time of year is just crazy with little kids at home. Final reports, field day, field trips, concerts and performances.  Teacher Appreciation - you name it.  It's all good, but just very, very busy.

To complicate matters, we found a little lump on our sweet Dart.  A trip to the vet and a biopsy revealed he has a mast cell tumor and surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.  I can only pray that his prognosis is good, I am absolutely crushed.


Here's my boy patiently waiting at the vet.  Whether he feels crummy and is just being extra snuggly and laid back lately, or whether he's worried about me (being worried about him!) he's been sticking extra close lately.

While we wait for the results of the biopsy of the tumor I'll have to figure out how to keep a very busy 2 year old lab quiet and still. And he'll have to wear the loathsome "cone of shame." Of course the next week is full of commitments - a baby shower, a concert at the school and I won't be able to leave him alone, so now I'm on the hunt for "dog sitters" so that my guy won't be alone with stitches and that dreadful cone.

This week, My Favorite Things will kick off the New Release Countdown.  I'll be participating for sure, but in a more limited capacity than I usually do.  It really depends on how cooperative my buddy is, and to be honest, I've spent so much time crying that I don't have a whole lot of creative mojo right now.  I hope you'll take a moment to stop by the MFT Blog every day to see all the new goodies, there are SO many fun things included in the release.

Until things are a little more calm, I'm going to be opting out of the Deconstructed Sketch - but I'll be back as soon as things settle in.  Be sure to watch the Deconstructed Sketch blog for continued inspiration in the meantime.

I'm off to wrap up a few of the new release videos for MFT and take this sweet guy for a walk.




17 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

Hugs and prayers for Dart and your family. The waiting to find out is so hard. Hope it turns out to be a-Okay!

Nancy Thomas said...

Fur babies are part of the family and it is so tough when they are sick or hurt. Prayers for a good diagnoses.

Heather Rogers said...

Sending prayers for your sweet little boy. I hope you get good news from the vet.

Tricia T said...

Oh, Joanne! I am so sorry. Sending you lots and lots of hugs and prayers for peace. I know how much Dart means to you. I hope he'll come through ok. Just remember to breathe and enjoy each day of your journey with him. {HUGS}

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Awww Jo, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Can only imagine how worried you are about your precious pup. I'll definitely keep you and Dart in my prayers this week, and especially on Wednesday in the hopes that the surgery is successful and that Dart makes a speedy and complete recovery!! {{{HUGS}}}

Lyn said...

So very sorry to read of your precious pups plight I hope all turns out well and your heavy heart is lifted.

Mary Decker said...

I am lifting you, Dart, the vet..all up in prayer. It's hard to give our worries to God and let Him be in control, isn't it?

dart is a very handsome dog. He's a great animal, you can just tell.

God bless you for all the hard work you do and the inspiration you give all of us!

Mary Decker said...

I am lifting you, Dart, the vet..all up in prayer. It's hard to give our worries to God and let Him be in control, isn't it?

dart is a very handsome dog. He's a great animal, you can just tell.

God bless you for all the hard work you do and the inspiration you give all of us!

GerriK said...

So sorry to hear of Dart's problem. Hopefully, all will turn out OK.

Leslie said...

You take all the time you need to care for your sweet puppy! Sending a big hug...Leslie

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Dart. Our dogs are so precious to us and they seem so helpless when they're not well. I'll be thinking about you and hoping everything goes well. xxoo

Kim Forsyth said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your precious fur baby. Praying all turns out well... {{{Hugs}}}

kepsss said...

Prayers for you and your baby.

wendy said...

ahhh sending big hugs and special prayers to Dart

Tina Holman said...

Have been keeping good thoughts for Dart and your family. Any updates about how his surgery went yesterday? Hope the many thoughts and prayers have helped.

Tina Holman said...

Have been keeping good thoughts for Dart and your family. Any updates about how his surgery went yesterday? Hope the many thoughts and prayers have helped.

Liz said...

Our fur babies are very important n we love them !

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover