Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 11, 2014

Release Rewind with My Favorite Things

I have two more cards to share with the My Favorite Things April Release - I had so much fun with the  previews, but I still had goodies on my desk to put to use.  Today I've got a card with each of each of the new Pure Innocence images.




Up first, let's take a look at Sunny Thoughts - isn't she sweet?  She's been stamped to watercolor paper and colored with my Distress Markers.  I used my Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics to cut Sweet Tooth felt and I've now got a bevy of puffy clouds to use as accents.  I added a small Sno Cone button tied with Hemp Cord.


The new On the Diagonal Background stamp was inked with the new Hybrid Sno Cone Ink.  The ink looks like a die ink, but when you stamp and let it dry, it has a soft pigment effect.  The coverage is fabulous.

I also used the new Hybrid Kraft ink to stamp the Typewriter text to Kraft paper. The image was trimmed out with the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-namics.


My second image - Pure Innocence I Pick You was actually stamped with the new Hybrid Black Licorice Ink. The ink lists that it is permanent and waterproof - and of course I wanted to test that out for you.  

I am very happy with the quick drying time and waterproof quality of this ink. I was able to stamp it, and within a minute was watercoloring, the lines held with no bleeding whatsoever.


My overall card design is clean and simple.  The largest piece was stamped with the Wood Plank Background with Sweet Tooth ink.  The main image was die-cut with the Pierced Rectangle STAX and then framed with the Postage Stamp STAX. The sentiment sits on the tiniest Traditional Tags STAX which has been embellished with a Pink Lemonade Button and a bit of Hemp Cord.


If you haven't checked out the April Release I hope you'll head on over to check it out. It was a great release for sure, and I'm guessing you'll find a few things that you'll just have to take home with you.

Thanks for stopping by today, you'll find the links for my two cards just below.






13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Inge Groot said...

Beautiful cards Joanne, the watercoloring looks stunning on both PI's!

Tracey said...

These are so beautiful Joanne!! The colouring is gorgeous!!

carol watson said...

THese sweet cards are just too cute,who would not love to receive them.

Joy said...

So cute, love the colouring, hugs

sweet art designs said...

love your colouring-both cards are great

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are darling, Joanne! Fantastic coloring!

jeannine said...

Super sweet cards!

Heather Rogers said...

These are both darling, Joanne! Love the watercolor look. :)

Gabby said...

Two lovely cards, Joanne! Great coloring and sketches. I didn't think I "needed" the postage stamp stack. I was wrong. HEE! :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for stamping up and watercoloring the image during the MFT release party. That must be some quick drying ink because you had that gorgeous image posted in no time. Can't wait to get my favorite white box later today & try it out!
God's blessings on your weekend,
Sarah :)

Hamutal Shafrir said...

Beautiful cards! The watercoloring is gorgeous and the felt clouds with button are so adorable.

Doudou said...

Beautiful cards!

Doudou said...

Beautiful cards!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover