Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 11, 2014

MFT New Product Launch - Getting Campy!

It's finally time for the MFT New Release items to be available!  Tonight I'm here to share a few cards made with new stamps & Die-namics. I've got a lot of camping themed projects to share with you this evening.  I've got a lot to share with you tonight, I had so much fun with this camping theme!

The new In the Wilderness Background is so super cute - I've had a lot of fun using it a LOT tonight! 

Visit each of the MFT Designers' Product Launch posts linked on the MFT Blog and leave a comment by the end of the day on Thursday, March 13 for your chance to WIN one of two, $100 Gift Vouchers. The winners will be chosen at random and announced on the MFT Blog on Friday, February 14th. Ready? Set. Comment!

To begin, I stamped the background using Grout Gray ink to Grout Gray card stock.  I used the Bright Lights Alphabet to spell out a portion of my sentiment "LOST"  The  "Let's Get" portion was plucked from the Enjoy the Journey stamp set.

This fun layout is one of the Blueprints 13 downloadable sketches - did you know that each Blueprint has 4 sketches designed with those pieces, it makes for some quick card making! Just add the stamps of your choosing and whatever color combination suits your mood.  This sketch uses a whole bunch of the elements in this month's Blueprints.  I added the fabulous tent from the Roughing It Die-namics.  I love the little zippered detail on the tent door.  I added two Safety Orange buttons to the layout to anchor the sentiment. 

Here's another quick card using the In the Wilderness Background, Blueprints 13, Bright Lights Alphabet and the Enjoy the Journey stamp set.  I've added the spectacular Wood Plank Background to the bottom of the card. This woodgrain effect was created with Kraft Ink onto Natural card stock. In the Wilderness was stamped with Natural ink to Primitive Cream Cardstock. 

This alphabet set is just perfectly sized for card making, it's fabulous to be able to make your own sentiments, or put emphasis on certain words in a sentiment by spelling them out in this fun, bold type.

My next card is based on this week's Retro Sketches Sketch - it's certainly a clean and simple type sketch, I had to fight the urge to add something to the top half of the sketch.  

I stamped the In the Wilderness Background using Sweet Tooth Ink to Fuse Green Cardstock.  I added in the tiny little campfire from the Roughing It Die-namics and the sentiment from the companion Roughing It Stamp Set.  The sentiment was stamped with MFT's Chocolate Brown ink

I did a little slicing and dicing of my sentiments to pair the fun "HAPPY" wrapped around with the "You make me a… " and "Camper" at the end.  With clear stamps its easy to cut them apart to do fun tricks like this.  When you want to use them back together again, just line them up on your clear block! 

In my blog-browsing yesterday I cam across this week's Mojo Monday Sketch, and of course I thought I'd give it a whirl with all my camping elements.  I was working on this with my son over my shoulder and I asked him what color our tent is, he said "um, gross green." Next I asked him, okay if we were buying a new tent, what color would it be. And the answer was "definitely orange" so a definitely orange tent it is. 

I used the Mojo Sketch center panel to do some scene building, and also used that outer ring as a frame.  I've layered in a set of felted clouds from the Cloud Trio Die-namics.  The rolling hills were cut with the Snow Drifts Die-namics. Wood Panel Detail was added to the top and bottom edges using Sweet Tooth ink to Kraft Cardstock. The sentiment was added to a set of small Circle STAX using Night Shift Blue ink - the sentiment was anchored with a teeny little Nightshift Blue Button

In this close-up shot you can see all the details from layering the elements in the center panel.  

This next card is a little bit on the clean and simple, scrappy style. I'll admit that I'm not too much of a "roughing it" type of girl, but with a little exploration on Pinterest - let me say I could certainly get behind some "glamping." You know cute little trailer, tiny stove, a pot of hot coffee and lots of comfy pillows and of course a toilet! I'd be all about that - just not so much sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag or using the toilet um, au naturale.  This next card is a little bit more "my style" of camping. 

The Roughing It Stamp Set includes this sweet line-art style camper - today it's a glamper camper.  The stamped version is smaller in size than the Happy Camper Die-namics.  I did some paper piecing to make a pink patterned camper, with some little aqua curtains and a grey door.  I nestled it into the Grassy Edges Die-namics (Note: I'm not using the new Tall Grassy Edge - that one scales perfectly with the Happy Camper, I like the shorter blades of grass for this stamped camper.

I added two soft fuzzy clouds with the Flat Bottom Clouds Die-namics cut from Sweet Tooth Felt

You'll find ALL the new products from My Favorite Things HERE in the MFT Boutique.  Right here you'll find links to all of the products I've used tonight.  Thank you SO much for stopping by tonight!!

Post a Comment

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover