Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 5, 2014

MFT New Release Countdown - Elegant or Whimsy: What's Your Favorite?

I hope you're getting excited about all the amazing new products from My Favorite Things, I've certainly had a BLAST stamping my heart out to get ready. 


Before I get to today's card, I wanted to remind you to head on over to the MFT Blog - you'll want to enter yourself for the SEVEN prizes by commending on EACH of the MFT Release Countdown Blog posts.  The MFT Blog is also where you'll find full stamp set and Die-namics reveals and find links to all the designers with samples to share! 



Yesterday's project was whimsy and fun, but today I'm kicking this blog post with a little bit more elegance. Today I'm showcasing the gorgeous new Rose with Overlay Die-namics.  This two piece Die-namics adds a gorgeous flower without the bulk of a rolled flower, just perfect for mailing!  The Rose with Overlay pairs perfectly with the previously released Layered Leaves Die-namics.  The rose was cut from Pink Lemonade and Insulation Pink card stocks

The Sheet Music Background was stamped with Grout Grey ink to Grout Grey card stock for a soft, subtle effect.  




Here's a peek at the Patterned Triangles Background using Factory Green Ink to Factory Green card stock.  The sentiment from the new Distressed Hearts stamp set was heat embossed to Steel Grey card stock.   A little strip of gold glitter card stock with my very often used Fishtail Flags Die-namics. 

Since that card just above was a more elegant style, how about something that's just plain old cute?  The Doodle Garden images are just perfect for my love of watercoloring, lots of space to work with.  So since there are SO many stamps and Die-namics to share in this month's release, I have a second card to share with you today using the new Doodle Garden image Sweet On You!

My little cow-girl was painted with my distress markers then matted with a bit of Fuse Green.  The corner was adorned with one of my Photo Corners Die-namics and given a small Sno Cone button


I will admit it, I am obsessed with my MFT Backgrounds, I used both the Typewriter Text Background and the Woodgrain Background on this card. I hope you've started a little "collection" of these backgrounds because they're amazing! 

I've included the links to the products I've used today, the links to the new products will be active on Tuesday, January 7th at 10pm EST.  Please come visit me again tomorrow for another New Release Countdown card!

18 Comments    Post a Comment:

Natalie said...

Both cards:BEAUTIFUL!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

fabulous, love them both

Regina said...

love the first card so elegant and clear the dies are lovely as are the design.
the second card make me smile!
Regina*

Gypsy 2 said...

Fabulous cards Joanne....I can't wait for release day to place an order!

Tammy H said...

So amazing...these layered roses and the leaves are so awesome. Such lovely cards both of them.

Debbie Nelson said...

Love both cards...thank you for sharing!

Denise Evans said...

These are beautiful!

Tricia T said...

Oh my! The watercolored DG girl. I am in love with her... and the distress markers!! You are making me want those!!!

Great cards!!!!

Tracey said...

That rose is so pretty on your first card! Gorgeous!! And your second is adorable! Love your colouring of the DG girl!!

Heather Rogers said...

Both cards are fabulous! I didn't care for the Factory Green until I saw these two cards. It looks great with black. I especially love the stamped patterns on cardstock. :)

Unknown said...

Joanne - two great cards, I love the background stamps!

Nora Noll said...

Your cards are ADORABLE!! I love them!!

robinann17 said...

I really like the way you use the background stamps. Your cowgirl is darlin'!!!! But my favorite is your beautiful rose card. I just love that rose stamp - so elegant! Robin

Golda said...

What great cards! Love the gold ribbon on your rose card. It's fun how you stamped the same image on the inside of the card with no color.

Kimberly S. said...

Love this beautiful card! I love that music background!! Just a STUNNING card!!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful cards. I looove the touch of gold on the first card :)

JessicaK said...

The rose overlay is so elegant, and the little cow girl - adorable!

Unknown said...

Very cute cards, love the glitter on the first card, it's the cherry on the sundae! That little cowgirl is adorable!-Jen Naus

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover