Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 11, 2013

December Memories - Tag Mini Book

We're getting closer and closer to the upcoming release from My Favorite Things - today I'm here to show a little tag book that I made by pairing the Blueprints 9 Die-namics with the Accent It - December Memories, the Little Numbers Die-namics, the gorgeous Hybrid Camellia Flower Die-namics, and Layered Leaves Die-namics.

Don't forget to check out the MFT Blog for an in-depth look at the stamps, Die-namics and stencils being showcased today.  You'll also want to head on over there for details on the SEVEN amazing prize packages being given out as part of the release countown!  All the latest items will be available Tuesday ---> hey that's tomorrow! <---- at 10pm EST. 

If you read my blog regularly, you'll know that I love making little mini books.  This tag book is blank on the inside and ready to be filled with snapshots from the rapidly approaching (eek, oh my goodness. not ready!!) Christmas season.  I have a little basket filled with assorted mini books which my kids love leafing through, it's also fun when company comes over for them to poke through them.


I cut a mixture of tags form Wild Cherry, Olive, and Fuse Green cardstocks.  Each tag was scored at 1.5 inches from the top so that you can easily flip through the pages of the tag book.

I added a little of the new Woodgrain Background with my Whip Cream Pigment Ink.  Since I keep these books laying around, I used the "2013" to help in future years when I can't remember all the details.  I must say I love this pairing of Sno Cone and Olive card stock.  

I couldn't help but add a Hybrid Camellia Flower Die-namics and a pair of Layered Leaves to the front of my mini, it's so beautiful and dimensional.  Did I mention I'm really loving the option to stamp my own patterned paper with MFT's growing collection of background stamps.  I'm a wee bit obsessed.

Can we just talk for a moment about the Layered Leaves?  It has just stunning detail, nice full sizes, and the option to either layer or use them independently, well that's just excellent! 


 I created the binding for this little tag book by adding the half moon from Blueprints 9 along with the companion rivet element which was cut from Olive Cardstock.   Oh speaking of Blueprints 9, this stitced element and the scallop border are both included in that HUGELY versatile set. 

The rivet made for an easy target for my Crop-o-dile, I punched through the stack and then tied a fluffy Kraft Grosgrain Ribbon bow.


I look forward to embellishing the inside of this mini book with snapshots of our holiday celebrations. Using my Square STAX I've cut photo mattings for the inside so I can add photos, and get documenting. I'm excited to fill up this sweet little mini - love that this Die-namics is such a seriously multi-faceted product, I think you'll just LOVE it!

Here's a low-tech camera phone photo of the inside.  We've had family here to celebrate my father in law's birthday and I'm ready for PJ's, not a light tent and photo editing, but here's a quick snapshot.  The Square STAX will also come hugely in handy for actually cropping my photos to fit into the book. Gives a nice sharp, crisp edge that I just love.  Plus, since they are a nesting die, you can perfectly position the die to get your cropping ever so precise.  Easy peasy.

As I start adding photos to the book, I'll be back to show you the finished interior.  As Christmas gets crazy, and you know it always does, I'll be glad the book base is ready for some quick photos and embellies.



14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Gypsy 2 said...

A fabulous idea Joanne.This would make a lovely little gift as well.I like the December dienamic...its a winner.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous project! I adore mini albums and this one is the perfect alternative to a December Daily. Thanks for the inspiration!
God's blessings,
Sarah :)

Tammy H said...

What a great idea. Love all the details.

Tracey said...

What a fabulous little album Joanne!! I love it!!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your mini! I need to get started!

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your book projects, this one does not disappoint GF!

Amy Rohl said...

Fabulous, Jo! Love the colors!

slbt17 said...

fun idea!
Sandra ltb

Janelle said...

What a cute idea! Love your color combo and your flower looks like Fondant!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This is a GREAT Gift for anyone. Love your Tag Book. I will have to replicate this for sure.

wendy said...

fabulous mini book Joanne!

Lisa H. said...

always love your mini album inspirations. this is awesome, Joanne.

Colleen said...

This is such a great idea, I love the mini book!

Marsha said...

Really nice book. Love the flower.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover