Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 4, 2013

It's MFT Time!


Hi everyone!  It's time for the My Favorite Things Teaser Time to begin, I wasn't able to stamp along with the gang for our first day of Teasers, but you'll find all the details over on the MFT Blog!

The new release this month will be July 9th at 10pm EST.  You'll want to follow the MFT Blog every day for previews, links to participating designers as well as information about Teaser Time Prizes!

Up first, I have a preview of the gorgeous Modern Morocco Die-namics, I literally SQUEALED when I opened my mail and found it!  I've cut it from Steel Grey Cards Stock, and then layered it over Berrylicious card stock. What a pretty combination - as the collection of MFT Inks and card stock grows my heart gets happier and happier!

Using my Circle STAX Die-namics I diecut a hole through my main panel and then die-cut a frame using a pair of Circle STAX. To achieve that effect you will use a smaller one to cut a frame into the larger one.


The sentiment is from a new set by Lisa Johnson which you'll see in detail on the MFT Blog a little later this week, but I couldn't help but tuck it in.  I mean honestly, what type of sentiment do cardmarkers need most - birthday sentiments!!  The sentiment sits on a recessed panel of Sweet Tooth card stock which was stamped with the pretty Steel Blue Ink - it's a wonderful neutral. 

My flower embellishment was created with Pretty Posies and I added my flower scoring trick to give it some added dimension.  It's finished with a pair of Royal Leaves cut from Factory Green card stock and then finished it off with a little Sno Cone Button with a bit of Hemp Cord.  Oh goodness, I might be embracing this clean and simple trend after all, this was so fun to create!!

With the same color combination I created a little birthday gift tag sneaking in another beautiful new stamp set, this one from Mona Pendleton titled Tropical Sensations.  I've used both the stamp set and the coordinating Die-namics die set.  Do you see a glimpse of the stunning new Pierced Circle STAX? 



The Pierced Circle STAX Die-namics is a gorgeous accent piece, I love the detailed piercing all the way around the edge, it's an amazing way to add detail without having to stitch all around the circular panel - HOORAY!


The sentiment is from the new Lisa Johnson Designs stamp set titled Birthday Greetings, again you'll see that in more detail later this week on the MFT Blog.

With the full compliment of MFT Inks, you have more and more stampy option.  I've paired Pink Lemonade with Razzleberry, Sour Apple and the new Bananna Split which will be available as part of the July release! 

If you haven't given the Smooth White card stock a try, I highly recommend it for solid stamped images.  

Sadly, I have only few Teasers Prepared for you (It's vacation time with my hubby and the boys so I haven't prepared my usual stamp-a-palooza for you.) So, be sure to follow the MFT Blog so you don't miss a THING, there are so many goodies waiting for me to stamp with after vacation! 





32 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

They are both beautiful, but that tag.... Oh my gosh /// so elegant & striking !!
~~Nicole's Craft Nook~~

Davi said...

Beautiful, I love how you cut out the circle in the background and the blue on blue, Wonderful tag also ;)

Gypsy 2 said...

Thank you for the tip about scoring the petals on your flower.The tag is gorgeous!

Kim O'Connell said...

Beautiful color combo! Very striking!

Janet Christensen said...

ooh a circle into or onto the background--fun

Tracey said...

Such gorgeous colours Joanne!! Awesome work!!

PJH said...

Blue always gets my attention!! This is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are fabulous, love the great designs.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and tag. I love how you did the circle frame on the first card.

Donna said...

Happy vacation! Both are beautiful. The tag is just lovely with the pretty stamped flower & the pierced circle behind. Love the Moroccan background!

Tricia T said...

I'm so excited about the pierced circles! Love them! The new background die is great, too!!

Lisa H. said...

mmmmm! gorgeous creations here, Joanne. love the color combo you used. the pink flower on the tag is awesome!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card and tag! I love the frame.

Barbara said...

Love how you cut that window out for the sentiment on your card, Joanne! And that tag is darling!

Heather Rogers said...

Both the tag and card are fabulous! I like how you scored the flower on your card and the tag would be super cute tied to a gift bag. :)

Sharon Roselli said...

Love the circle stax used to cut out background panel for your sentiments! Your tag makes me love the new circles already!

Kimberly S. said...

OMGosh....I would have squealed, too!!! (I did gasp when I saw this new die on the MFT blog page!!) It's GORGEOUS!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!I love the way you added the sentiment onto the front...AMAZING!! And I agree...you can never have too many birthday sets, and this one is a MUST HAVE!! GORGEOUS tag, too!!

Judith said...

This creations are very special. Love both, the card and the tag!

Unknown said...

I love how you have cut the circle into the background.

zehra said...

Beautiful card, love the card

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Joanne! Love the dimension you gave to the flower on your card!

Tammy H said...

Love the technique tips. Thanks for giving me just one more reason to purchase these products.

Shanna Shands said...

Really love the tag. Great card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Ack! I am loving that new Morocco Die-namic and the pierced circles are fantastic!!! Beautiful creations, Joanne! :D

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

OK, OK... A Girls gotta eat. You all are starving me with these Gorgeous Designs. I want it ALL...including your Card & Tag. LOL...seriously!

Sabrina said...

Both your card and tag are simply gorgeous!!

JennyKozar said...

love your card and the tag is stunning.

Gabby said...

Beautiful card! Lovely tag! :)

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card and tag are gorgeous. Love the blue color.

Lissa said...

LOVE both of these! How beautiful!

Joan V said...

Gorgeous card and tag. Loving that Moroccan die.

Natalie said...

The card and tag are so pretty!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover