Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 21, 2013

MFT Design Team Creative Challenge

Welcome to the My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge for May. This month, our focus is on flowers, and I'm sure you've noticed that I love using Die-namics to create custom flower embellishments for my cards and pages.



My Favorite Things has SO many flower Die-namics to choose from - in fact you can find all the Flower Die-namics in this category <--- how handy is that? Today I have a fun way you can change the look of your Die-cut flowers to add even more dimension and visual interest.

I've just shown my new friends that I met this weekend at the MFT Retreat how to add this type of effect to their die-cut flowers.  It totally changes the look of the flower.  I love being able to switch up the look of my dies.  All you need is a bone folder and a scoring board. 

As an example, this is the Flower Medley Die-namics all dolled up with some additional scoring....


You'll place the die on your scoring board, and score from the tip of each petal, straight across the body of the flower.  

Turn the die-cut on your score board continuing to add scoring to each section of the flower. Turn and score, turn and score.  Once you've added score lines from the tip of each petal across the body of the die-cut burnish each line with your bone folder.  The more you work the folds, the fibers in the paper will loosen and you'll have beautiful, molded details to your flower.  

For those of you that are visual learners, stay tuned, I'll have a quickie video on this soon.  I'd have it today, but I've just returned from my visit to MFT Headquarters.... I'll be back soon with a visual aid..  



You'll find a list of all the designers with projects to share on the MFT Blog.  

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

Oh man....how I would love to visit MFT Headquarters! So much awesomeness all on one place!!!

Love your card Joanne!! Beautiful!!

Lisa H. said...

love the pictured of MFT you shared. Sounds like it was a great weekend. love your card, too. I always forget to do this with flower dies. Yours look fantastic.

Jodi Collins said...

SO gorgeous! LOVE the dimension on the flower, and the papers are so pretty! LOVE the pics of the store!!!

Julie said...

Now that would be a dangerous, dangerous place for me to visit...ha!

Karen Motz said...

What a cool look to score the petals!

Kim Forsyth said...

The MFT retreat was amazing! You all did a fantastic job and made it a "MUST DO AGAIN". I LOVE my mini album and shove it at anyone who even glances my direction. It was incredible of you to take/print/crop and distribute photos so we could complete our project! Here's a HUGE thank you!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover