Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 17, 2013

Boston, You're My Home.

You may or may not know, but I'm from Boston.  I've lived here all my life and I just can't wrap my mind around Monday's tragedy.  I worked in two of the high rises in Boston's beautiful Back Bay, I walked those streets every day!  I met and married my husband there and had my first apartment right on Dartmouth Street.  I enjoyed my lunch hour at Copley Square with friends and I even waited to see my husband cross the finish line of the historic Boston Marathon from that very spot where the attacks took place. It's sickening, terrible and so very sad.




The medical expenses for the victims will be staggering.  They have such a tough road ahead of them....  I'm writing today to ask you to consider supporting The One Fund.  You can read more about this 501(c)(3) charity which has been established to help the victims.

I'm proud to see my former employers at Hill, Holiday on the list of corporations that stepped up right away to help.  This city has a huge spirit, and a huge heart.




5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lori Craig said...

Thanks for the info, Jo. It was pouring rain here yesterday, so no one in my group ran. This morning, it was a somber run this morning... Four miles reflecting on all of the emotion that goes into training and completing a run like that and then the ridiculously senseless pain and tragedy that transpired. Praying for you and your beloved Boston.

Chris said...

Hi Joanne, When I saw the news bulletin I immediately thought of you and hoped you and your family were not there. I'm glad you are OK. Thanks for the info on the fund.
Chris

Tricia T said...

Bless your heart, Joanne. I didn't realize that you were from Boston. And you were celebrating and caring for me while your own heart was so heavy. Hugs and prayers to you, and thanks for the info on The One Fund.

Tricia

Jill Norwood said...

Oh Joanne! I didn't know you were from Boston! It is all so horrible and sad! Thanks for the info about the fund. My heart and prayers go out to everyone involved.

Nancy Thomas said...

My heart and prayers go out to the people of Boston. I've shared your The One Fund link on my blog.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover