Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 11, 2013

MFT New Release

I've had a blast playing with the new stamps, inks and Die-namics at My Favorite Things and I'm happy to let you know that the new release products are NOW available! 

I missed the Doodle Garden preview day, and it's been a little too long since I've had a chance to watercolor.  These images are just perfect for the technique.  I stamped Fluttering By to watercolor paper, added clear embossing powder and then zapped it with my heat gun.  I really find that technique so relaxing.... I added just a bit of twinkle to her wings with a Sakura Stardust pen.  

I had so much fun watercoloring that I decided to ink up the second cute new Doodle Garden - Party Time. After all, having a stash of birthday cards is always a good idea!  I kept this one perfectly mailable, with no bulky embellishments.  The new Party Banner Die-namics is beyond cute, I lightly rolled forward the edges of the banners and zig-zag stitched them into place. 

After I got my kicks watercoloring, I decided I was warmed up for some stamping. Not coloring, just stamping.  You know, back to my stamping "roots."  Lisa Johnson's Pretty Poppies stamp set is simply gorgeous.  I did a little masking, a little overstamping, and a little rock-and roll here.  The poppies have been stamped with the new Electric Red Premium Dye Ink. For the record, I LOVE this color.

Then I decided I was prepared for getting a little messy. I'm a neat freak, so this was admittedly made me a little nervous.... I took a piece of plastic and mixed one of my Tim Holtz markers with a lot of water.  I soaked that up with my Waterbrush and flicked it onto my finished panel.  

After I was finished with my stamping, I stitched all along the edges, and rolled my edges forward for distressed detail.   

If I haven't mentioned the MFT Black Licorice Ink from MFT let me just say "oh my goodness!" This ink has such a beautiful coverage and dries uber quickly. I love it most especially for my sentiment stamping.

Don't forget that ALL the new releases from My Favorite Things are now available.  I hope you've found a few things you'd like to add to your collection this month. 

You'll find a full list of all the participating designers in tonight's New Release Product Tour on the MFT Blog.  
Post a Comment

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover