Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 14, 2013

Is Less Maybe More?

Usually I'm a "more is more" type gal, but today I have a more clean and simple styled card to share with you.  I had a card to send for a more serious occasion and my usual "cutesy" style of cardmaking wasn't going to fit the bill.


The recently released Pretty Poppies set contains such a variety of elements that I challenged myself to let the patterned paper go for a change and just stamp. I've slimmed down the layers from my usual, oh gazillion layers. I'd say this was a reasonably mailable card, though yes, I've added three buttons.  (The postman is never pleased with that addition...)


So what type of stamper are YOU? More is more, or clean and simple?

I've had a few people ask me about the MFT Ink, and I just wanted to say that having the right ink for clear stamps makes all the difference.  The coverage with MFT's Premium Dye ink is really spectacular, as the ink really clings to the stamp.  Some inks just don't work that well with clear stamps, no matter how much ink you try to apply, it look "bubbly" on the surface of the stamp and will just not stamp cleanly leaving an uneven coverage to your stamped image.


The other thing that I really appreciate is that the ink dries incredibly fast. I'll admit, I'm not hugely patient, so this is a big factor for me.  This ink is the reason I'm starting to fall back into love with solid stamping again.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I've got two new baby cards to make. Honestly, the best crafty assignment a girl could ask for, so I hope to be back SOON to share.

Here are the links to the products I've used on today's card:



6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous card. I love the colors and THIS Set!!! I too, have put down my pattern paper to use this set. ♥ this!

Tricia T said...

Such a pretty card, Joanne! I cannot WAIT to get this set in my mailbox! I am definitely a less is more stamper. I love the More is More type card, but I can't usually pull it off very well!

Tricia

Basement Stamper said...

I have been eyeing this set and love what you have done with it-such a cute card!

cutiephinphin said...

gorgeous card. I am one who has issues working with pattern papers. Really love this stamp set.

Tracey said...

Less is definitely more with this beauty!! What a gorgeous card Joanne!!

Anonymous said...

If this is what 'less is more' looks like, I am going to make those types all the time! You rock!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover