Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 22, 2013

Sweet Penciled Friend

Admittedly it's been a while since I've used my Prismacolor Pencils, but after seeing Inge's amazing tutorial as part of the new MFT Academy, I was inspired to give it a whirl.

The new Doodle Garden images are just perfect for coloring, they've got nice wide open spaces, and check out their beautiful hair too!  This sweet image is called "Sweet Friend"  I also adore the cute font used for the sentiments. The sentiment fits perfectly on the Mini-Tabs Foursome Die-namics.


I'm using Memento Tuxedo Black for the image, but I'm using the new MFT Black Licorice Ink for the sentiments. It offers bold coverage and is super fast drying.

I'm accenting with a favorite, the Pretty Posies Die-namics anchored with a Wild Cherry twine tied button. I've had the Natural Cardstock for a few weeks, but hadn't pulled it out yet. Look how perfectly it pairs with this blue polka dotted paper that was in my scrap pile from October Afternoon. 

I hope you'll pop over to the MFT Academy for a close look at Inge's tutorial, I promise you'll love it.




9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is ADORABLE!!!!

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute - great coloring!!

Celestial Charms said...

So very pretty. Love the color coordination!
Maureen

Alina said...

very beautiful!

Tracey said...

This is so very pretty Joanne!!! Gorgeous colouring!!

Danni said...

Beautiful card! I've been wanting to get my pencils out more often...thanks for the inspiration!

Inge Groot said...

Awesome card Joanne and stunning coloring! Thanks for the sweet words :o)

xoxo

CASTOWNE said...

Great image, colored beautifully. Thanks for the link to the MFT Academy. The tutorial was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I didn't buy her right away then saw your card here and had to go back and put in another order...thanks! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover