Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 21, 2012

Wrap It Up

I hope you're all doing well getting ready for Christmas.  I'm down to only a few presents left to buy and then I have a lot of wrapping to do.  A lot.  Yikes, luckily I'm sort of handy when it comes to paper.

I've got a few different projects to share with you and I've left links to all the products used at the bottom of the post....


Today my second grader is having his class party today, they're doing a Yankee Swap.  My son dug through my patterned papers and selected this paper pack...  and asked me to make a card using this specific paper. He was my little art director for the day.

Now when it comes to patterned paper, there are some things I don't usually do, and let me say, this printed santa paper is so busy, I wouldn't usually reach for that. But that was the one my son really really wanted on this card. It was not optional.  So, lucky for me he didn't notice that I covered up the majority of it. Hooray!  In the end I'm glad he pushed me out of my normal rules of patterned paper selection because I love how the card came out!  For those of you that have asked this is October Afternoon's Holiday Style.


I'm using one of my "go-to" Die-namics, Let It Snowflake hardly leaves my desktop this time of year. It's a standby.  For sentiments, the Designer Labels 4 is a favorite.  

So, this busy, but cheerful card goes inside the box with his little gift, and then we needed a tag for the outside of the box.  You see, there were some pretty specific things we needed to include on the tag - who the box is from, as well as indicating if it is a "boy" gift inside or a "girl" gift inside. And, as it turns out, I just happened to have stamps that would accommodate.  Hooray for a generous stamp collection.


To start I reached for the Traditional Tags STAX and cut one small tag for the "from" and a larger tag for the base.  I found the "boy" stamp and the "a" within the star from my Baby Onesie stamp set.  The "for" was within my Ring Me stamp set.  The top of the tag holds a Beautiful Bows Die-namics cut from felt. I'm sure you're not surprised to see the Fishtail Flags STAX hanging out at the bottom of the tag.

The good news about having a ginormous stash of stamps, paper and Die-namics means I can pull together little teacher gifts pretty quickly.  One of my favorite treats are chocolate covered cranberries. Yum. I mean seriously, YUM.  We bought them in bulk over Thanksgiving and I'm sending in little tasty treats to the teachers. This is one of the smaller of the Traditional Tags STAX (I love how many options are included in that set) and the "to/from" is from Seasonal Sentiments.



I quite nearly bought a package of Gift Tags at Target the other day, and then my son looked at me and said "Mom, are you serious?" and he's right.  I'll have to spend some time this weekend at my die-cutting machine, but I think I have enough paper to make a lifetime supply of gift tags.  I think I'll be having the kids help me out in an assembly line fashion....






5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jen Shults said...

Oh my! These are just so wonderful! I love your paper combinations and wonderful layering of elements! Such great projects!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my word, I LOOOOOVE the papers on that card! Would love to know what collection that is. The card is DARLING, and the tags, too! Great little details with the stitching and flags!

Susie said...

I LOVE this santa paper!! What company is it?

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I think your son has excellent taste because I LovE the papers !! Your card and tags are fabulous! Merry Christmas!

CASTOWNE said...

Your little "art director" and "guilty conscience" about tags was RIGHT ON! I need to have someone make me feel guilty about my store-bought tags. If you can accomplish all this in your busy life with a job and family, I must re-examine my time. In any event, you certainly stepped up to the plate with your creativity. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover