Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 11, 2012

Pre- Release Pep Rally

Tonight's the night baby!  All the new My Favorite Things stamps and Die-namics will be available at 10pm EST in the MFT Boutique.  Remember to stop by the MFT Blog today to print out your Shopping List! 

I'm using a gazillion products in today's project, and you'll find all the links below at the very bottom of the page.

I spent most of Sunday working on a mini-book to share with you and I'm really excited to share!  I don't generally keep 12x12 paper on hand, so I made this book 5.5 square so that I can create it from 8.5x11 paper. This beautiful patterned paper is Pink Paislee - City Sidewalks.  I've used Steel Grey and Kraft Cardstocks for my matting.

The cover uses the beautiful new Winter Rose Die-namics.  When I'm not stamping, I'm usually playing with my new camera, so this stamp set: Captured Memories is going to be SO handy for me.  You'll see however, that I've added in lots of items from previous releases too.  I've reached for the High-Rise Numbers, the Insert It 3x4  and the Calendar Basics Stamp Set.  The new Graph Paper Notes was used to stamp a grid background to the Fishtail Flags.








Right now, the book has the front cover and four inside panels.  If I start to feel ambitious, I can go ahead and add three more panels to the back right now it is out on display for my family to enjoy. I nearly offered to let my husband have it for his office, but I'm still enjoying it here at home, so I kept my lip shut.  :)  Let's take a look at the book page by page.....





It's really rare when I get all four of us in a photo.  We went for a walk on the beach, and ran into my sister & she snapped this great photo of us all bundled up for our adventure.  I love the quiet beach in the winter!  From the new Captured Memories stamp set, I'm using the "snapshot" definition and paired it with a set of crumpled Fishtail Flags STAX.


I recreated one of my favorite Christmas ornaments using the Behind the Camera Die-namics and Stamp Set.   I love that as soon as my son saw this mini book he said "Mom, it looks just like your ornament!" Yes! He gets it! The tiny heart was cut from the Notched Tag Die-namics from Wild Cherry cardstock


Here's the second spread in my mini book and then I'll the close ups of each page....


The first page uses the Traditional Tags STAX topped off with the Let It Snowflake Die-namics.  Do you see the adorable new Cute Cameras Die-namics - it is nestled in on a Circle STAX.  I love these mini sized dies....   I snapped this photo with my phone at the town wide Christmas Tree lighting which honestly is really one of my favorite nights of the year!



The last page uses the fun new InstaFrame Die-namics.  I'm really quite obsessed with this die! I also stamped the grid from Graph Paper Notes.  The beautiful new Bracket Edge Duo is tucked along the bottom edge of the page. Here's a closeup of our tree, with the pretty new Nantucket Lightship boat ornament that the boys picked up this year.  I love that they're remembering the significance of all the ornaments in our collection.   (sweet.)




 There are so many amazing Die-namics and stamp sets that are just right for some holiday mini-book making, and already I'm tucking some ideas aside for a Valentine version.

Okay friends, you made it through a truly marathon blog post.   Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for a full listing of designers with samples to share. We hope to see YOU tonight at the New Release Party on Splitcoast HERE from 8-10pm EST. 

Here are the links to the products I've used in my mini book today:



Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover