Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 11, 2012

Pre- Release Pep Rally

Tonight's the night baby!  All the new My Favorite Things stamps and Die-namics will be available at 10pm EST in the MFT Boutique.  Remember to stop by the MFT Blog today to print out your Shopping List! 

I'm using a gazillion products in today's project, and you'll find all the links below at the very bottom of the page.

I spent most of Sunday working on a mini-book to share with you and I'm really excited to share!  I don't generally keep 12x12 paper on hand, so I made this book 5.5 square so that I can create it from 8.5x11 paper. This beautiful patterned paper is Pink Paislee - City Sidewalks.  I've used Steel Grey and Kraft Cardstocks for my matting.

The cover uses the beautiful new Winter Rose Die-namics.  When I'm not stamping, I'm usually playing with my new camera, so this stamp set: Captured Memories is going to be SO handy for me.  You'll see however, that I've added in lots of items from previous releases too.  I've reached for the High-Rise Numbers, the Insert It 3x4  and the Calendar Basics Stamp Set.  The new Graph Paper Notes was used to stamp a grid background to the Fishtail Flags.








Right now, the book has the front cover and four inside panels.  If I start to feel ambitious, I can go ahead and add three more panels to the back right now it is out on display for my family to enjoy. I nearly offered to let my husband have it for his office, but I'm still enjoying it here at home, so I kept my lip shut.  :)  Let's take a look at the book page by page.....





It's really rare when I get all four of us in a photo.  We went for a walk on the beach, and ran into my sister & she snapped this great photo of us all bundled up for our adventure.  I love the quiet beach in the winter!  From the new Captured Memories stamp set, I'm using the "snapshot" definition and paired it with a set of crumpled Fishtail Flags STAX.


I recreated one of my favorite Christmas ornaments using the Behind the Camera Die-namics and Stamp Set.   I love that as soon as my son saw this mini book he said "Mom, it looks just like your ornament!" Yes! He gets it! The tiny heart was cut from the Notched Tag Die-namics from Wild Cherry cardstock


Here's the second spread in my mini book and then I'll the close ups of each page....


The first page uses the Traditional Tags STAX topped off with the Let It Snowflake Die-namics.  Do you see the adorable new Cute Cameras Die-namics - it is nestled in on a Circle STAX.  I love these mini sized dies....   I snapped this photo with my phone at the town wide Christmas Tree lighting which honestly is really one of my favorite nights of the year!



The last page uses the fun new InstaFrame Die-namics.  I'm really quite obsessed with this die! I also stamped the grid from Graph Paper Notes.  The beautiful new Bracket Edge Duo is tucked along the bottom edge of the page. Here's a closeup of our tree, with the pretty new Nantucket Lightship boat ornament that the boys picked up this year.  I love that they're remembering the significance of all the ornaments in our collection.   (sweet.)




 There are so many amazing Die-namics and stamp sets that are just right for some holiday mini-book making, and already I'm tucking some ideas aside for a Valentine version.

Okay friends, you made it through a truly marathon blog post.   Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for a full listing of designers with samples to share. We hope to see YOU tonight at the New Release Party on Splitcoast HERE from 8-10pm EST. 

Here are the links to the products I've used in my mini book today:



23 Comments    Post a Comment:

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! I LOVE your fold out card!! Such AMAZING elements and that camera is to CUTE!! THANKS for sharing all of your AMAZING creations this release and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Davi said...

Very cool album with so many details! Love that camera :)

Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning. Caroline xxx

Gypsy 2 said...

Joanne,
this would make a beautiful gift....thanks for the idea.I will try to remember to use it next year.Love all of the new dienamics...how will I stay in budget this release?

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so fabulous, I love it

Mary J said...

WOW!! This is amazing, love it!

Tracey said...

This is such an awesome project Joanne!! I love it!!

zehra said...

I love this book, so many cool elements, beautiful work

Cindi said...

Great book! I love all your details and all the dies you used.

wendy said...

what a great memory book you created Joanne...love all the MFT dienamics!

slbt17 said...

cute mini album - the new dies really are very useful!
Sandra ltb

Barbara said...

OMGawesome mini album, Joanne!

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful - this is such a great project. Good job!!

Liz said...

Priceless. Love all that was done

Paula Laird said...

A-MAZING!!! Wow is really all I can say!!!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE it! So SWEET!! What a FUN gift idea.. or a gift for YOU to keep at home! :)
THANKS for a fun week of teasers!!
Have a GREAT day! Happy Holidays!

Queen Mary said...

Joanne, this is perfect for a December Daily and Project life! If I can get my well endowed buttocks in gear I plan to use most of these same elements (and the new ones after I order them and they arrive! :) )

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful!

Kimberly S. said...

What a FUN photo book!! LOVE it! I adore that Instaframe die!! Love each page you made!!

Amy Rohl said...

What a beautiful, yet fun keepsake for your family. Bravo!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Wow, this came out really nice. Love this with the use of the kraft cardstock as the base.

Cyndi said...

What a great project for warm memories. I love how you used all the dies. Did you add a hinge to join the two pieces?

stampingbowd said...

What a gorgeous mini album!!!! Just gorgeous!!!! It's so fun all the cute die cuts you can add on an album! Adorable!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover