Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 23, 2012

Introducing My Favorite Things - Scrap Sketch!



Like probably many of you, I started out as a scrapbooker at a friend's house.  Our group of playgroup moms met once a month to complete a page or two.  I quickly hoarded supplies, and made a few pages.  Not too long after I drifted on over to carmaking, and didn't scrap for a l-o-n-g time.

Today, I have some fun news to share from My Favorite Things. We're starting a monthly scrap sketch, similar to our Wednesday Stamp Club challenge for cardmakers.  Each month, we'll have a 12x12 sketch and a Project Life version of the sketch for you to play along with.  You'll have a month to complete your pages, and we'll select TWO winners at random for a little gift to the MFT Boutique.
I know this will keep me inspired to scrap, and get some pages completed for those quickly growing little boys of mine.

Today I've got a sample to share using the 12x12 sketch (and I'll get to that P.L. version very soon!)  I've used elements from the new Laina Lamb Design line at MFT and paired it with the new Western Backgrounds from Lisa Johnson Designs to document a recent apple gathering adventure. (I say apple gathering versus picking because due to some hurricane damage last year, the farm doesn't let you go out into the orchard....)  The boys got a kick out of all sorts of cool machinery at the farm for washing, polishing and sorting the apples, we got some enormous pumpkins for our front step, and I got to play with my camera.  



I cut the word "October" from the High-Rise Alphabet uppercase and then overstamped the letters with the new Western Backgrounds stamp set.  I also stamped a Fishtail Flags for the top left hand corner with that same pattern.  I added a bit of coordinating paper and the small heart from the Homespun Birdhouse Die-namics.   The word "remember" is included in part of the new Document It - Top 10.

I love the new Accent It - Flags and Tags for small page embellishments.  I used one as a little tab folded over with a twine tied button, and then added a little bit of journaling to the two on the lower left hand side of the page.           






I'll admit, I loathe my handwriting, but I made it a point to journal all the things we did that day while the memories were still fresh.  I die cut the new Insert It - 3x4 and stamped the ledger paper in a very light brown ink.

Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a full listing of designers with samples to share.  I hope you'll play along using the respective keyword for your uploads to the Gallery at Splitcoaststampers for the sketch you've selected. After all, two lucky winners will win up to $20 each to the MFT Boutique. 




Here's all the links to the products I've used today. Thanks so much for stopping by. 


12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are so fabulous. I love the dp and the cute design. Thanks for sharing. I am so excited about the new scrappage layouts!

Tracey said...

Loving the colours on here!! A fabulous page Joanne!!

Lisa H. said...

such a wonderful fall layout, Joanne! love the papers and the pretty accents you added.

Casandra Bennett said...

Very sweet. Perfect for Fall!

Heather Rogers said...

What a fun LO. We have not made it out to the pumpkin farm yet this year. It think that is my favorite time to take photos. :)

Hugs~

Inge Groot said...

Such a fun and bright scrapbookpage Joanne, I love the handwriting it gives your page a very personal touch!

Katie Skiff said...

Cute page!! I love it, esp. that font. SAweet!! ♥

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout, Joanne! LOVE how you used the western background!

Melody said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! I like how you embellished the journal card.

scrappingnana said...

Great layout. Love the overstamped letters. TFS

Laina Lamb said...

Love your page and LOVE that you did include your handwriting!

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome layout, Joanne!! Love how you stamped the title!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover