Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 16, 2012

Hello, Friend!

Hello friends! I'm so excited, today I'm heading off for a quick adventure wit Kim and Jody from My Favorite Things. We're meeting up to walk the CHA Tradeshow, catch up with friends, and see what the paper crafting industry has up its sleeves for the next few months, the show is always LOADED with inspiration.

My new Tim Holtz Distress Markers arrived the the day, and I seriously HAD to give them a try before I left.  I do so love watercoloring, so I tucked aside a little time to play with them.  I think they are going to be a lot of fun, and I'll get started on a tutorial for them soonish.  I just want to have a little time to fool around with them first!  


To begin, I stamped PI Freckles with Brilliance ink and then coated in clear embossing powder and hit it with my heat tool.  This will "waterproof" the image.  My layout here is uber simple, but I just love using the new Rounded Banner STAX for main panels.  What a fun shape! 

I've added my sentiment to the Sentiment Strips, in two small bits, I love that little staggered set of banners. You can see a quick tutorial from Michele on that here


I added a small flower cluster with the Pretty Posies Die-namics and then added a small Sno Cone Button from MFT.  Goodness gracious have you SEEN the adorable buttons that MFT is now carrying. It's button heaven.

This precious paper is Authntique, and it was just the subtle touch I was looking for today.  

So excited to see my friends later today! Can't wait! Can't wait!  By the way, if you're going to be at the show, drop me an email, or leave me a note on Facebook so we can meet up! 



3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Patti J said...

What a cute card! I don't have any of the distress markers yet, but I love the way they look. Will look forward to your tutorials! Have fun with your friends at CHA :)

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Jo! LOVE the soft colors, the Rounded Banner STAX and the flower/button! LOVE!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Joanne! Love her little freckles! Hope you girls have fun at CHA!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover