Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 17, 2012

Wrapped, and Rolled!

Today for Feature Friday instead of my usual video, I've done a non-card item. I've been spending a lot of time lately perusing Pinterest.  Looking for things to cook, things to wear, beautiful quotes, sometimes, sassy quotes too!  I also keep my iPhone handy for inspiration when I'm out and about, most especially at Target, looking for decorating ideas, color schemes etc.  I've been enjoying making things "other" than cards lately...  they're just tricky to photograph. 

I've seen, and loved so many of these yarn wrapped wreaths, and as luck would have it, I had a sweet coupon for Michael's and got this one for only a few dollars.  I used to knit before I started paper crafting, so I love the idea of combining both into a little home decor.   I added some white and grey yarn too and got this wrapped up while watching my new favorite show...  Big Bang Theory.  I'd say it took only about 30 - 40 minutes to get it all wrapped up alternating about every two inches.


Then I warmed up my hot glue gun and got ready to cut felt! cutting. I grabbed white, grey, red and black and chose the Loopy Bloom Die-namics, Large Rolled Rose and the Rolled Scallop Flower for my Die-namics.

Wouldn't this be cute switched out for easter with brighter colors? Or what about a Christmas one using the Prima Donna Petals, and adding in some green felt.  I only wish I'd finished this up a few days earlier, it would have been fun for Valentines Day.  Looks like I've got one more trip to the craft store in my future, this time for a little wreath holder so I can tuck this on my mantle. 

Have a GREAT weekend!  Hope you get some crafty time!



1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Ooo fun wreath! Love BBT too- I can get some fun stuff done while watching as long as I'm not laughing too hard. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover