Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 27, 2012

How-to create longer pennants..... (with video)

Pin It


I've been seeing pennants everywhere lately, on card sketches, I've been using them in my Project Life album, and I've been on a kick using them in cards lately too. A little farther down in today's post, you'll find a video showing how I've made these long pennants with the Die-namics Mix & Match Banners.

Today I've used them with the banner end pointing UP because it worked better for my layout. I combined several paper scraps from a few different paper lines with my Just My Type Stamp set and Die-namics. I kept the largest panel light with this ledger patterned paper and then got a big punch of color from some leftover patterned paper scraps....


But wait, they're also fabulous for scrapbooking. I can't believe I scrapped! Its been a while and I'm very out of practice, but this was FUN! I'm going to add this 12x12 into my project life album. We've had a really mild winter here in New England, so my kids were beyond excited when it finally snowed!

Accents for boys can be tricky, after all I have to leave my favorite embellishments (ribbons) out of the mix... I reached for my File Tab Die-namics and my Typewriter Alphabet for the "january" and then I grabbed for my By the Numbers Die-namics to cut out the number "21" from corrugated cardboard. It was then brushed with white crackle paint.


Here's a close look at the panel. I've added "snow" with the By the Letters Die-mamics, and then added the WoNkY Scallops Die-namics above a set of long pennants with the Mix & Match Die-namics and cut a set of corrugated cardboard snowflakes with Let It Snowflake Die-namics



Okay, so now here's the deal... with this tiny little Die-namics that looks like this....



Do you want to learn how to cut longer strips? You'll use up that leftover patterned paper, and quickly create fun embellishments! Here's a quick video showing you how I did it! You can also watch the video over on my YouTube channel....


5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tricia T said...

What a cute Project Life page!! Great video, too!

Inge Groot said...

Awesome creations and I absolutely love the video, this was such an eye opener. Thanks for sharing Joanne!!!

Have a great weekend:-)

Katie Skiff said...

(slapping head) that is so amazing!! Thank you for sharing that... I really have a tough time thinking outside the box!! Love these creations too!!

Lisa H. said...

great video AND love your samples. yeah for you and scrapbooking! turned out so great.

Logan Lu, S.O.S. President said...

Joanne,

You are so creative!!! :) Thank you for a great video! I like learning how versatile the dies can be.

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover