Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 13, 2010

A Sketchy Baking Turtle

I don't usually stamp with the same images back to back, but I can't help myself. You'll have to forgive me because.....I'm in LOVE with these Turtles. And, Taylor's Sketch this week was just perfect for a little Baking Turtle.

For me, baking is a big part of my job description as a mom. With two boys with severe food allergies, it is usually the best choice to just cook something myself than to try to find something that both boys can safely eat.

I was more than pleased to find a piece of this October Afternoon Farm Fresh paper in my big cleaning project. I was sure that I'd run out of this cute blue flowery one.... Hooray! These colors are so cheery and happy for me, especially on a grey, rainy gross day. For the scalloped piece in the sketch, I substituted in a piece of vintage trim. (I'm going to be sad when this runs out, I'm having fun with it!)

Next week's Bellariffic Challenge is to use a monochromatic pallette in your project. I'm off to dig through my paper collection to see which paper will be my jumping off point for a monochromatic project.... Be sure to send your entries to Emily by Thursday, March 18th to be included in her weekly roundup!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, joanne...he is too cute! love those papers and your coloring...that flower isn't too shabby either! LOL! great job!

Karen Motz said...

Really Really Really sweet my friend!!!

Natalie said...

So cute, love that vintage lace, (reminds me of an apron) so appropriate for the theme of the card! Your coloring is incredible. tfs

Vanessa Taconelli said...

I love your blog, your creations are beautiful, sweet and soft ... You're a totally creative.
I love to visit here, I think this is the first time that I write a message, I read everything in Google Reader.
Congratulations for your beautiful projects. I would love to swap private with you. If you accept, email me: ateliertodacor@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am with you, the turtles are down right adorable! I have the birthday one and don't use it enough! The layout for this one is wicked girl!

Tasha said...

So cute! Love the image its really sweet and the paper look fab. Great layout
love tasha xx

Laural-Lee said...

Love the paper and stitching and image...everything!! Super cute.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

seriously...i just sit and STARE at this card because it's SO beautiful!! i did the same thing yesterday!!

this may be one of my favs of yours EVER!!!

stare
stare
oogle
stare!

;)

love u girlie!

paula tracy williamson said...

awwww, this is just adorable!! So sweet and the card papers are amazing!

Bethany Paull said...

You're killing me with these adorable turtles! I just love them.

Taylor said...

Hi Joanne! Thanks for participating in the TESC104 sketch challenge! I love your sweet baking turtle! Your card was selected as one of our Top Crops this week! Check it out here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/03/tesc104-top-crops.html

Here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover