Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 28, 2010

A (...off kilter...) Sweet Sunday Sketch

I know that there were some raised eyebrows on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team this week about this main panel being on a kilter, but really, this one is so right up my alley. I'm all about the off kilter! Wahoo!!

Over the last few days, I've been organizing, and cleaning my stamp room, and decided that there are so many beloved stamp sets that could really use a good inking.

Personally, I'm convinced that Signature Greetings can be added to just about any stamp set, but Life (designed by my sweet friend Lisa Johnson) was feeling a bit neglected. So it got to come out to play. I love the quiet serenity of all these mossy greens, right?

You'll notice that the atterned paper is, once again, My Minds Eye Quite Contrary. Hope you're not tired of it yet, because I am still lovin' it!

I added a bit of twill tape, and finished off the card with a strip of apron lace (no surprise..) as well as my Vintage Touch - tea dye ink.

Be sure to stop by Karen's blog to see her sample, because if I know one thing, its is that it will be gorgeous! And then you'll find samples from the girls on the team:

Jennifer Tapler
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley {she's off this week, but she'd love for you to visit}
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick

And of course, you'll want to link up your creation by Thursday night at 10pm for your chance to have your card shared on her blog next week!



22 Comments    Post a Comment:

Imke said...

Lovely, beautiful Colors and DP !

Beverly G said...

Wonderful card, very worthy of the guest spot.

Torico said...

Such a beautiful card! Love your color scheme and DP.

MicheyMoo said...

I do love all those mossy greens Joanne. :) And I'm also a great big fan of Dawn's Signature Greetings. :)

Lovely card - I love that DSP. xx

Leslie said...

That is beautiful - just beautiful!!!

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous card Joanne! I love the soft colors and stamped images along with the pretty papers and stitching!

Chris said...

A very elegant card, and not at all off, you on the other hand...

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Joanne! I love the colour palette.

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Joanne!!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE this!!! It's even more stunning in person too with all the dimension!!

Shannon Willis said...

Your card is beautiful Joanne. I love the colors and paper selection.

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome card Joanne, I love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

so gorgeous!

Allison said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours and how well you worked the tilted panel!

Jenny said...

Lovely card so pretty :) ps: Will be having a challenge/contest soon and you could win some MelJen Design goodies :) Just come follow my blog to see more details soon! Have a great day!

Lisa H. said...

oh, Joanne! I just love this-it's so soft and pretty. the twill is a perfect touch!

Nancy said...

Beatiful card, love all the colors especially liked your use of the two rows of ribbon, how simple but adds so much.
Thanks for sharing
Nancy

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Joanne! I LOVE this paper too and the PTI sets you used are perfect!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wow Joanne! This is one, absolutely gorgeous card! Love the papers and that sweet, little button! Beautifully done! :D

Karen Giron said...

This is stunning! I LOVE this set and the soft colors - beautiful!!!

Tasha said...

Absolutely stunning! I love that its off kilter and the fab greens. The apron lace is a fab extra
love tasha xx

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover