Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 26, 2008

What's Up Wednesday - With Water

These weeks are going faster and faster, I can't believe I'm already writing another What's Up Wednesday post!  

There is so much to share today - Kim by now has already announced the new Wednesday Hook Up, a new tutorial will be posted by Shannan, I'm hostessing the Challenge of the day!  Then to top it off, don't forget the first fifty orders of the day will be getting a special little extra from Kim! You'll also find the DT members posting some of their favorite finds within the MFT gallery.  

And there's always some chatter on the WUW thread on the My Favorite Things Member Company Forum.  I told you, its a busy day! 

So, here's my sample for the Water Challenge.  It can be that you watercolor, or use an image that is watery!  I did both.  This image is colored with my Peerless Watercolors, and an Aquapainter.  I just picked up one of the Peerless Palettes last week, I seriously can't recommend it enough.  It is a fantastic addition to my Peerless Paints... it allows you to spread out the color and be able to pick the depth of color you'd like. For the boots, the girl's raincoat coat and the doggies coat, I used more saturated pigment.  For the puddle and the background, I used the very lightest portion of the ink I'd spread out onto the palette.  

So head on over to the MFT Member Company forum on Splitcoast, pick up some watercolor pointers from Shannan, and upload your watery creations to the gallery using MFT as a keyword.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Three lucky participants will be picked next week to receive $5 gift certificates to the My Favorite Things store! 

I just found all the details on the What's Up Wednesday Hook Up. Oh My Goodness, she's having specials Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. HUGE!  Find the special offers HERE.

Have a great day!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Shannan Teubner said...

Just fabulous, girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 8 years and Liliya is 2 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English.
Can I ask if you can halp to our ministry, here in Russia? Nika

--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

Tee said...

Hello, your work is stunning!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover