Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 13, 2008

Gina K - Launch Day!

 Is it okay to pick favorites? Because this month, "Winter Tress" is most certainly mine.  The detail in the illustration of the trees, the beauty of the sentiments, it is such a fabulous set!  And while this card isn't particularly manly, I see lots of possibilities for "man cards" in this set. 

When my sewing machine is threaded and has a full bobbin, I'll sew anything that gets too close. I've been having lots of fun zig zagging all my cards together lately.  And when I don't --- I feel like something is missing.  

This paper is Wassail from Basic Grey.  Love the richness of the colors, and of course, it goes with one of my favorite neutrals, Close to Cocoa.  

And, of course, Gina's new "Pure Luxury Paper" is simply AMAZING - you'll love it, I mean just look how crisp my embossing is on the nestie!  YUM. And amazing for cardbases, so sturdy despite the many layers I have hanging off of it right now! 

Now my next preview couldn't be more different, but it is from the other very talented artist in the Krupsky household - Alicia!  When I went on a hunt for paper for these Besties, I walked to a totally different section of my LSS to see what fun, and young paper I could find.  

While my style is usually way more "custesy" this was fun to step way out of my box and try something totally new.  Alicia is such a sweetheart, and I'm so happy for her to be releasing her second set.  How lucky is that budding young artist to have a mom like Gina to make her dreams come true??

This was for sure, a great opportunity to test out Gina K's Pure Luxury cardstock with my Copic markers, and let me tell you this paper rocks for Copics.  I wanted really vibrant colors, and I was able to layer and layer and layer the ink without any bleeding or feathering.   If you've used Copics, they you know its all about the ink and paper selection.    

The young girls I watch saw this card in progress and screamed "oooohhh its BRATZ dolls!"  They loved it.  

Now that you've seen my two previews, I hope you'll hop around to visit Gina who will have previews of both sets today, as well as all the DT members who have previews for you with the newest sets......  

Jessica, Asela ,Donna, Melanie, EmilyErika, Cammie, Kurtis and our In the Spotlight Guest Designer Courtney Fowler. We also have a special guest preview from Michelle Giraud.

Last but not least don't forget to stop by the Gina K Member Company forum on Splitcoast for tonight's Launch Party from 7-10pm CST. There will be chances at free stamp sets, challenges, and as always, lots of chatter and additional previews from the Design Team.  


13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Courtney said...

These are gorgeous, Joanne!

Julie Allain said...

Joanne your creations are Inspirational....... which leads me to the fact that you have been featured here today ;)

http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/

Julie x

Kurtis said...

You're two cards are absolutely lovely!!

Cat Tidwell said...

OH this are awesome Joanne! I really love that first one, with the paper, and the trees, gorgeous! Wonderful coloring on that second one...beautiful creations as always!

Melanie said...

you picked my favorite trees in the ste, they are just soo gorgeous and so is ytour card!!

oh my word, Joanne you need to do "edgy" more often, this card totally rocks!!!! I HEART it!! GREAT colors and coloring!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Holy Moly Joanne, both of your cards ROCK!! The first one is so gorgeous and the second one should be FRAMED, LOVE IT!!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh love them both---cannot pick my fav of them! They are both so creative and wonderful....great job gf!

Renee said...

Gosh this is a gorgeous card!

Creative Crafter UK said...

You make such beautiful cards! I love your designs. Well done!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, love it all!!...all the stitching, the taffeta ribbon, gorgeous paper...awesome!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Joanne!! Great job - see you tonight!

Tiffany said...

I just adore your blog and wanted to let you know that since you are one of my previous top 10 blogs of the week, you have been entered in a giveaway! The only catch is that you have to be the most voted for this week to become one of the Hall of Fame, crafty blogs. If you are chosen then you will be put into a vote for blog of the year in January!!!!
So please encourage your readers to head over to the Crafty Homemaker and vote for you plus when they do vote for you they are put into a different drawing! Again I just love you blog and thank you for all you do!
Good Luck
Tiff
The Crafty Homemaker

Toni K said...

Gorgeous cards! Awesome coloring! I need to try her new CS. TFS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover