Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 17, 2008

Crafty Love....

I'm avoiding the fact that winter is rapidly approaching here in the Northeast.  Although we just went out to buy my eldest a new winter coat today, I felt this sweet stamp set titled Seaside from Crafty Secrets line of Clear Art Stamps calling my name.  I think this little vintage image is just so sweet.

Let me just say that the fine detail in the stamps is just unbelievable and it makes it so easy to shade your images. For this card, I decided to watercolor with my Stampin Up reinkers and an aquapainter.  The image was stamped with Memento ink and then quickly heat set.  

I admittedly wasn't so sure about Baja Breeze when it first was released as an in color, but it has quickly become a new favorite for me.  Quite possibly due to the fact that I love this ribbon!  I hope you're not tired of my big loopy bows lately.  I'm loving them.  

Ordinarily, I would have tried to watercolor that whole panel, but I'm trying to just zone in directly on the image... and embrace that white space. What cha' think?

Being on the Dirty Dozen for my first month, albeit behind the scenes till now, I've made some fabulous new stampy friends. I've just loved meeting Lisa Zappa who is on the Crafty Secrets DT.  She's just totally fabulous, fun and oh man, the most energetic and enthusiastic person I think I've ever met. If you don't already read her amazing blog, be sure to check out Shabby Chic Junk and while I was linking her up for you, just LOOK at what I found. Embellishments galore, in ICE CREAM GLASSES no less. Beautiful. Although my children would totally destroy that.  I can't imagine the chance to have all those assorted goodies at my fingertips.   

Hope you're having a great day!  




7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Denise Marzec said...

I have this set too, and this little girl on the beach is probably my very favorite beachy stamp. I love it! You're right, the fine detail is amazing. Looooove your colors and the fun layout. Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

What a great way to hang onto summer!

dpkennedy said...

Very sweet! I love the big bow and decorate bottom! So pretty!

Donna Baker said...

sweet card, wish y'all would send some of the cooler weather here! well I shouldn't complain, after all it's in the upper 70's right now which feels SO good!

Emily said...

This is beautiful! Love the image, and your coloring looks awesome as usual =). The layout and colors look great! TFS!

Lucia Kaiser said...

This is beautiful, Joanne. I'm in Amy's group, and I love looking at your blog! Lucia Kaiser

Anonymous said...

beautiful card creation...curious how you made the large scallop kraft layer????
thanks for sharing!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover