Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 11, 2008

Coffee time?

I introduced my friend Rachel to stamping, and she introduced me to a love of Starbucks.  Yum.   Friday is my designated Starbucks day, and boy do I get crabby when I miss it!

This cute little mocha is part of a new release from Gina K designs which will be available Thursday night! Its the latest set illustrated by Rupa Shevde called "My Cuppa Joe".  

The day that my stamps arrived from Gina I'd just picked up a few of these fun mocha colored paper from Making Memories.  There are just so many tasty treats and fun sentiments included in this stamp set.  I used this little "For You" on a Cuttlebug Tiny tag die.  

My second preview today features "Funky Christmas." This reindeer cracked me up!  I must say that I also adore the fun little carolers in this set. 

I've been enjoying some un-traditional Christmas color combinations this year, so I had fun with this, kraft, chocolate and red.  Doesn't it look cozy?

Now, we've been alluding to something luxurious that is coming out with this release, and its this ultrasmooth white cardstock!! YUM!  It is totally wonderful for Copic markers, makes such strong cardbases.  Look at all the layers I have on this card and it holds up beautifully! 

I also loaded the inside of the card up with ribbon and layers, featuring another new release "Seasonal Sayings."  The set is full of beautifully written and designed sentiments for the insides of your cards and really cute handstamped elements for the backs of your cards.  That Gina, she thinks of everything!

I'm sure you'll be hearing and seeing a LOT about this new cardstock, but let me just say I can color forever on the heavy weight cardstock and not have any bleed through to my inside.  I'll just "have" to make a one layer card to show you just exactly what I mean.  Its really is amazing.  Just ask any of the cruisers - they've been raving about it and dying to pick up some more.  You'd better grab yours on Thursday night before they scoff it all up!

If you like what you've seen today, don't forget to surf on over to visit Gina's Blog,(in fact RUN over there because she's giving away LOTS of stuff again! She's amazing!!!)   she'll have previews of all three sets today, and you'll find even more samples from: 

Kurtis  

and don't forget to check out this month's "In the Spotlight Guest Designer" Courtney Fowler.

22 Comments    Post a Comment:

Theresa Momber said...

These are just fabulous, Joanne! I have to have that coffee set! Gorgeous sneaky peaks!

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful cards! While I don't share your love for coffee... I just love your cards! :)

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
These cards are just fabulous!!

Carolyn King said...

Awesome Joanne!!! That coffee card is wonderful...and I love the funky christmas one too (that dude so makes me giggle!)

Elizabeth Glass said...

Joanne,
These cards are just darling! Could you tell me the name of the designer paper in red with the white snowflakes! It is very pretty! Thank you so much,
Elizabeth Glass

Donna Baker said...

hmmm, starbucks! I love that card & the non-traditional colors for Christmas?! I am ALL over that too!! love your funky reindeer card

Cat Tidwell said...

OMG! I soooo love your creations, cause I love nontradtional colors! I cannot WAIT to get some of that cardstock!

Kurtis said...

Beautiful job!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

the coffee card is STUNNING jo!!!

Beate said...

Wow! Joanne, both cards are beautiful!
I am a very strange German, I don't like coffee nor do I like any alcohol beverages. I was always the odd one in my family (who LOVE coffee). I do love the smell though.
Hugs and smiles

Sharri said...

Joanne,
These are beautiful. I love the coffee card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Joanne! I especially love the Coffee one with those warm rich colors! Your funky Christmas card is awesome too - love your inside view!

Christina Fischer said...

Joanne, these cards are fantastic! Love the layouts and all the layers! Just beautiful! :)

Cindy Lawrence said...

These cards are both precious, Joanne! LOVE LOVE LOVE the mocha one...gotta have that set for sure!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOW, I love that coffee card. What a fun new image, colors, and layout too!

Deb Wood said...

These are awesome!! Fabulous layouts and paper!!

audra k said...

Jo, I love the craft, choco, and red color combo with the white and choco ribbon. Looks so pretty! If I was making my own Christmas cards this year, I'd definitely go with that!

Sharon in NE said...

Love the coffee card cup!!!!

buggin2stamp said...

I love them both. Your coffe card is yummy with all the chocolate shades. And I love the colors you used for the quirky Christmas card. Where did you get that gorgeous red DP with the snowflakes?

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards!!!

dpkennedy said...

These are both great! I love the coffee card...looks so warm and inviting! That reindeer is just adorable too!

Amber (bambi64) said...

Joanne!! Love the cards. The layouts are amazing. Think i'm going to case one of them for my SU stamp camp! :) Thanks, you always inspire me to do more!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover