Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 20, 2007

Coral Simplicity

Remember I mentioned a second set of Gina K stamps that I purchased? Well here it is... well part of it at least.

The second set I purchased is titled Simple Pleasures and includes seven rubber stamps. I've always admired this stamp, Emily Giovanni uses it quite a bit.

Today I stamped it on watercolor paper with Stazon and then used a blender pen and some of my SU markers to fill it in. I had planned on using some lid ink when GASP I discovered I don't own a cameo coral ink pad. What's up with that? I always buy the paper and ink together so that doesn't happen.

Regardless, with the aquapainter I applied a very thin bit of water over each petal and then colored lightly with the brush tip of my SU marker. It resulted in a softer coloring than full strength marker directly on the paper. I repeated the same process for the leaves with mellow moss and the flower centers with so saffron. I did aquapaint with lid ink from my bashful blue ink pad for the water in the vase.

I've signed on for the Nestabilities Now Club over at Paper Pretties, so I'll be getting one set a month of those but till then I'm making do with my Uchidas... I needed a scalloped rectangle for my flowers. I punched out two Marvy Uchida scalloped squares - giga sized and then adhered them together to form a rectangle. Then I just covered the seam with a bit of ivory taffeta ribbon and trimmed the flower image closely. A nice "faux" nestabilities look don't you think?

This designer paper is from the Linen Prints package of SU Designer paper and the 5 1/4 square card base is made from Cameo Coral paper.

I quickly stitched the edges all around the bottom mat with my my Janome sew mini (Oh my lord, do I love that thing!)

More Gina K goodness coming soon. I'm loving these new stamps, and I'm going to play with the sledding one next I think.....then bop back over to this set to make something with that super cute pile o' presents!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

You're cruising right along today aren't you?! Love this! The colors and paper are just so bright and cheery - very nice! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I have that set, but haven't inked it yet. You are an inspiration to me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Joanne - Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Very pretty card! It's beautiful!

Jillabella said...

Adorable card (as always). And I am totally in love with my machine too....we need to take a SU color swatch in so we can get all kinds of fun threads to match our papers!!!

Tricia T said...

Great "faux" nestabilities! I'm happy for you to get the real thing, though!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover